Firmware Revision History
6.5 - 2018-11-29
- Removed 4-user limit when using Demo Mode.
6.4 - 2018-09-23
- Added a 4-user limit when using Demo Mode. (The two minute playback limit was removed in version 9.7 of the app.)
- When not connected to the Internet, if the Daily Automatic Reboot option is enabled, the reboot occurs after being powered on for 24 hours instead of at the chosen time.
- Fixed an issue where the factory reset button sometimes had to be held several times before the reset would occur. With this change, the button must now be held down for 10 seconds (instead of 5), until the Wi-Fi light stops blinking and turns off.
6.3 - 2018-05-31
- Changed Audio Hotspot Mode to Demo Mode. (The app limits playback from units in demo mode to two minutes.)
- hearTV Pro 8X: Improved audio quality for Pro 8X. (Adds the audio quality changes made for hearTV Pro in version 6.0.)
6.2 - 2017-10-13
- Fixed an issue that prevented hearTV from connecting to Wi-Fi networks that include an apostrophe in the SSID.
6.1 - 2017-08-30
- Added support for the app's setup wizard to enable the daily reboot option.
6.0 - 2017-06-25
- Initial release for the hearTV Connect product line.
- hearTV Pro: Improved audio quality with lower latency and fewer audio dropouts. (Requires app version 9.0 or newer.)
- Added setup wizard support for all hearTV products. (Requires app version 9.0 or newer.)
- Faster configuration: Restarts are no longer required when changing operating modes.
- Added an option to manually enter the Wi-Fi network name when using Join Wi-Fi mode. This enables connection to hidden Wi-Fi networks.
- Added support for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi when using Join Wi-Fi mode and when creating a Wi-Fi network.
- When switching to Join Wi-Fi mode, if the network can't be joined after 30 seconds, the system reverts to the previous operating mode. This allows the user to verify that the Wi-Fi password was entered correctly.
- When using Join Wi-Fi mode, the Wi-Fi light now indicates connection status:
- Wi-Fi connected: Light steadily blinks on and off
- Wi-Fi not connected: Light is off, with a short blink on every three seconds
- Fixed an issue that occurred in iOS when choosing a Wi-Fi network, where networks below the bottom of the screen in a long list could not be chosen.
- Removed the wireless Internet uplink feature.
- Added Audio Hotspot™ mode.
- New operating mode icons.
5.6 - 2017-03-23
- hearTV Home: Added support for the setup wizard in the hearTV app.
- Fixed a bug where non-ASCII characters were removed from TV names.
- Added daily reboot option to the System tab.
- Added a watchdog to verify network connections and automatically resolve issues.
- Added support for a firmware verification test. (For internal hearTV purposes only.)
5.5.1 - 2016-11-22
- Fixed an issue in hearTV Pro 8X where the unit can occasionally become unresponsive.
5.5 - 2016-11-07
- Initial release for hearTV Pro 8X.
- Added support for WEP when configuring a wireless Internet connection.
5.4 - 2016-10-06
- Redesign of the configuration screen for hearTV Home with three tabs: Wi-Fi, Internet, and System.
5.3 - 2016-08-31
- hearTV Pro: Added an option to require headphones.
- Enabled support for 5 GHz Wi-Fi channels 149 and 161.
- When scanning Wi-Fi networks for "Join Wi-Fi" mode, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks are now included. These networks may not be joined for streaming audio, but a message is shown indicating that they are not compatible.
5.2 - 2016-08-02
- Added support for wireless internet uplink when in “Create Wi-Fi” mode. (If firmware was updated from an earlier version, perform a factory reset after the update to use this option.)
- Fixed an issue with using the delay option with a stereo input.
5.1 - 2016-07-12
- Added support for stereo audio for future products.
- Fixed an issue in "Create Wi-Fi" mode where hearTV sources were sometimes published on the network connected to the WAN port.
- Added support for daisy-chained ethernet connections when in Wired mode. (If firmware was updated from an earlier version, perform a factory reset after the update to use this option.)
- Added support for retrieving the device ID in the iOS and Android APIs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from automatically streaming audio on launch.
- The Wi-Fi LED is now lit when the system is booted up.
- When creating a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi LED on the transmitter is now lit.
Changed how the reset button works:
- A short press of the button no longer reboots the system.
- The length of time the button must be held for a factory reset was changed from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
- The Wi-Fi LED now blinks rapidly when the factory reset has been initiated.
Fixed bug where the wrong TV name may have been shown.
Fixed an error in the icon for “Join Wi-Fi”
Fixed an issue where clients were unable to join the Wi-Fi network after they had previously joined.
Fixed bug where the TV name would be truncated if it included a space.
Fixed bug that caused the back button in the app to be hidden when prompting for admin password.
Initial release for hearTV Pro and hearTV Home
Firmware for hearTV systems released prior to hearTV Pro
1.x - 3.x (No longer supported.)
Firmware for older systems that are no longer supported